Election Day is a Public Holiday
In accordance with Section 10 of the Basic Law: The Knesset and Section 71A of
the Knesset Elections Law (Consolidated Version) of 1969, the Central Elections Committee
hereby designates that the following public servies will operate as usual on election
1. Transporation services, parking lots and gas stations
2. Restaurants, cafes, kiosks, hotels and inns.
3. Industrial or agricultural factories which have round-the-clock production.
4. Communications services.
5. Water and electricity utilities.
6. Fuel supply and delivery.
7. Theaters, cinemas, and other places of entertainment.
8. The press, radio, and television.
9. Fruit, vegetables, and dairy transport, on election day until 11:00 AM.
10. Grocery stores between 6:00 AM and 12:00 PM (up to 6 hours).
11. Baking and delivery of bread and production of dairy products.
12. Security forces and all types of rescue services.
13. All services that operate on shabbat or holidays on special schedules will
operate at the same times on election day.
Employees of all of the aforementioned services will be given the opportunity to vote